G20 at Five
The G20 at Five public forum will bring together experts from around the world to examine the history and trajectory of G20 summits over the last five years. The forum will look back on the past five years for trends, themes and forces which capture elements that might help to define the future of the G20 in its effort to provide strategic guidance for the global economy.
The forum will help inform national, regional and global debate on critical policy issues and will be an important input into Australia’s hosting the G20 Summit in 2014.
- Mahendra Siregar Chair, Indonesia Investment Coordinating Board
- Dr Mari Pangestu Minister, Tourism and Creative Economy of Indonesia
- Dr Changyong Rhee Chief Economist, Asian Development Bank
- Dr Paola Subacchi Research Director, International Economics, Chatham House
- Professor Yiping Huang Professor of Economics, China Center for Economic Research, Peking University
- Dr Colin Bradford Nonresident Senior Fellow, Global Economy and Development, Brookings Institution
- Dr Homi Kharas Senior Fellow and Deputy Director, Global Economy and Development, Development Assistance and Governance Initiative, Brookings Institution
- Michael Callaghan AM Director, G20 Studies Centre, Lowy Institute for International Policy
- Professor Ross Garnaut Australian National University and University of Melbourne
The forum will be chaired by Professor Peter Drysdale, Head, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research, Crawford School of Public Policy, and Dr Kemal Dervis, Vice President and Director, Global Economy and Development, Brookings Institution.
Lunch provided after the forum.
This public forum is presented by the East Asian Bureau of Economic Research, and the South Asia Bureau of Economic Research at Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University, and the Brookings Institution.